Climate of Tokyo, Japan Average Weather
- Tokyo, japan, 35°40'N, 139°46'E, 37 m (120 ft)
- Tokyo has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall), hot summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Tokyo is close to the warm temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 15.6 degrees Celsius (60.1 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1405.5 mm (55.3 in).
- Annual sunshine averages 2020 hours.
- If Tokyo were situated on the opposite side of the world what would the climate be like? Follow this link to find the nearest location on ClimaTemps.com!
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Nikko, Japan - 119.9 kms (74.5 miles) NNW
- Maebashi, Japan - 102.3 kms (63.6 miles) NW
- Kumagaya, Japan - 62.5 kms (38.8 miles) NNW
- Chichibu, Japan - 71.1 kms (44.2 miles) WNW
- Kofu, Japan - 109.6 kms (68.1 miles) W
- Kawaguchiko, Japan - 92.7 kms (57.6 miles) WSW
- Yokohama, Japan - 29 kms (18 miles) SSW
- Mishima, Japan - 98.4 kms (61.1 miles) SW
- Ajiro, Japan - 92.8 kms (57.7 miles) SW
- Oshima, Japan - 110.1 kms (68.4 miles) SSW